MiPCT 2016 Regional Summits
Afternoon Care Manager Sessions
The 2016 in-person Summit Care Manager session: “Social Determinants of Health, Agenda Setting, and Population Management when Delivering Self-Management Support” focuses on the complex and/or high risk disengaged patient.
Learn “how to” identify the right patients for care management. Build upon your population management skills and learn new techniques for working with complex and/or high risk disengaged patients that you can apply in your daily practice!
The Summit 2016 MiPCT Care Management session consists of two parts:
- *Completion of Pre-work: Viewing recorded Webinar(s) highly recommended prior to in-person session, however may be completed at your convenience. Access at http://www.centrecmi.ca/mipct-summit-cm-prework/
- Attend a Summit Afternoon in-person
Learning Objectives: Summit Care Management afternoon session (in person)
- Describe the impact of health disparities in patient care
- Describe the critical Social Determinants of Health when supporting patients
- Describe techniques for agenda setting with the overwhelmed patient
- Describe tools to facilitate shared decision making and patient empowerment
- Discuss the importance of population segmentation for delivering self-management support
- Learn how to apply population segmentation to a care manager’s caseload
Expert Presenters from The Centre for Collaboration, Motivation and Innovation: Kathy Reims, MD; Cory Sevin, RN, MSN, NP; Connie Davis, RN, MN, GNP; and Kelly Reilly, RN, MS, CDE
Summit Locations and dates:
Thompsonville, MI October 13, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI October 18, 2016
Ann Arbor, MI October 26, 2016
For additional Care Management Summit in person session details please see the 2016 MiPCT Summit Flyer click here.
Registration: Register for the MiPCT Summit at https://mipct.org/ Early registration is STRONGLY encouraged.
Continuing Education – In Person MiPCT Care Manager Session
“MiPCT Summit 2016 Care Management Session” is approved for 3.0 contact hours by the Michigan Nurses Association, an approver of continuing nursing education by the Michigan Board of Nursing.
This course is approved by the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Course approval #: 081116-06
*Summit Pre-work recorded webinars designed for MiPCT Care Mangers are available. Nursing and Social work continuing education contact hours are available for the Summit Pre-work webinars until August 1, 2017. Access at https://mipct.org/